What is a Counsellor?
Counsellors are people who are trained to guide you through personal or psychological challenges. When you're dealing with emotional pain, Bradley Stoke Physio & Health's Counsellor Margaret is here to offer you support and to help you resolve your issues.
What conditions can counselling treat?
Counselling can help if you have been affected by major life events such as ill health, bereavement or abuse or by the build up of day-to-day pressures and stresses which life can throw at you.
People of all ages from young adulthood and who are suffering from the following conditions may benefit from the support counselling can offer:
- Low self-esteem/confidence/self-worth
- Low mood
- Life changing events (e.g. divorce, redundancy, major illness)
- Emotional Abuse
- Domestic Violence
- Relationship issues (on a one-to-one basis only)
- Work Related issues (e.g. bullying/threat of redundancy/career change)
- Suicide (loss or ideation)
- Trauma (including post traumatic stress).
People who seek counselling understand the benefits of looking after their emotional, psychological and mental wellbeing as well as their physical health. As their load lightens, people can feel less tired, feel less emotional and, at times, less physical pain (jaw, neck and back pain are common symptoms of emotional stress).
How does counselling work?
Your Counsellor uses a variety of theoretical approaches in their practice to meet your individual needs. Our Counsellor Margaret utilises approaches such as:
- Person-centred: a non-directive approach
- Gestalt: working with the body as well as the mind
- Psychodynamic: exploring behaviours, feelings and emotions and how they may have been impacted by early experiences
- Transactional Analysis (TA): exploring the interactions between you and others
Margaret will provide you with a safe, confidential and supportive environment in which to talk about the issues affecting you with an aim of finding a resolution and way forward.
Counselling can be carried out either in the short-term or long-term, depending on your needs.
|Initial consultation (50 mins)||£30|
|Follow-up session (50 mins)||£38|