How can we help you?
Whether you’re trying to get fitter and healthier, you’re a weekend warrior, or an elite athlete, you don’t want pain, injury or underperformance standing in the way of you achieving your goals.
Our growing Sports Injury and Performance team can help you to:
- Maximise your performance
- Reduce your risk of injury
- Recover from injury
- Use your body in a more effective and healthier way
Get rid of aches, pain and injury
All of our Sports Injury and Performance therapists have sporting experience and know how important it is to provide you with sports-specific treatment and rehabilitation.
There’ll be no hanging about, and there’s no need to wait for referrals. From minor niggles and aches to major injury your therapist will assess the cause of your pain and in your very first session start to deliver treatment. Bradley Stoke Physio & Health's therapists will make sure your road to recovery starts straight away.
Your pain will be eliminated, any swelling and bruising will be dispelled, and you will receive treatment that will help you regain full movement and rehabilitate you to your activity, sport and lifestyle.
As your treatment and rehabilitation programme will be designed especially for you, tell us if you have any events or competitions by when you’d like to be ready. We’ll gladly work with you to set and help you meet realistic rehab goals.
Be prepared, however, to undertake a prescribed exercise programme in your own time to supplement the work we do with you in our sessions. In all cases, your therapist will want to see you recover as quickly as possible, but at a sustainable pace. If you have tough but achievable goals, you will be pushed to work hard!
What type of sports injuries do we treat?
The list of sports injuries we treat is too long to mention them all here. However, common injuries for which our therapists provide treatment and rehab include:
- Ankle, foot, knee, wrist, and finger sprains
- Hamstring, groin, quad and calf strains
- Pain and soreness as a result of intense training sessions or competition, or limited recovery time
- Achilles tendon pain and rupture
- ACL (Anterior Cruciate Ligament) injury
- Dislocation or fracture
- Plantar fasciitis
- Tennis and golfer’s elbow
- Shoulder injuries including rotator cuff tears
- Bursitis (pain, swelling and tenderness around joints such as the shoulder, elbow, knee, hip, heel)
- Shin splints
Bradley Stoke Physio & Health’s therapists treat people involved in many sports including: football, running, netball, volleyball, rugby, gymnastics, acrobatics, swimming, bowls, judo, athletics, cricket, tennis, horse riding and cycling.
If you suffer from recurring injury, or are cautious about injuries common in your sport, your therapist can offer advice and devise and deliver exercise programmes that will prevent these injuries from happening.
Our therapists are also skilled in identifying warning signs that show you are prone to developing a particular injury. A chat if you’re worried about anything might help you spot and address some early warning signs.
Prove yourself to your coach | Secure your place in the squad | Hammer your opposition | Set a new PB | Earn MVP | Win gold
Wherever you have set your sights, when you work with our sports performance team you:
- Can acquire that extra explosivity, power, strength or speed you need to achieve your goals
- Will feel the benefits in your training and achieve bigger results from the effort you put in
- Boost your performance and chance of success in competition
Advice and the option of a series of development sessions are on offer. No matter what level your athletic ability, you will feel the direct benefits of our therapists’ experience in working with top Olympic, Commonwealth and Champions League athletes.
Bespoke performance programmes
When you or your team really want to push yourselves speak to our sports performance team about bespoke strengthening, agility and performance programmes.
These tailored programmes bring extra focus to your personal and team training sessions. Optimise how you train. Maximise your performance.
Speed | agility | power | strength | co-ordination | balance | endurance | flexibility | core stability | control | posture | performance
Running technique development
Feel lighter on your feet and enjoy running more once you’ve worked with Bradley Stoke Physio’s running specialists.
If your knees and back are feeling the effects of pounding the roads you might also benefit from gait analysis. Our experienced physiotherapists can assess your body’s effectiveness at absorbing and distributing the impact of your feet on your running surface. Following this analysis, their recommendations can also help you develop a more efficient stride and running style.
Susie, our Alexander Technique teacher and qualified Leader in Running & Fitness, will show you how to make better use of your body so you become more fluid and more dynamic in your running. With less tension and effort you will run faster and more efficiently. More aware of how connected your body and mind are too, you’ll consciously wave goodbye to unhelpful habits that might otherwise have caused injury.
Whether you’re just getting into, or are thoroughly involved in, road cycling, mountain biking, commuting by bicycle or cycling for fun with your family, the fit of your bike can make all the difference.
It’s important that your new or next bike is the right fit for you so you will have a more comfortable, safer, and more effective ride. Our therapist Kath Stephenson is the woman to speak to.
If performance and speed is your need, you’re suffering from pain as a result of your cycling, or you’re struggling with your performance, we can combine our physio knowledge to help you cycle more efficiently and get more from your body and your bike.
Offers and support for sports clubs
Bradley Stoke Physio & Health offers the following advantages to sports clubs:
- £10 donated to your club for each club member with a sporting injury that we treat
- Specific sport advice
- Talks and demonstrations about injury prevention, strengthening and conditioning, and optimising performance
To register your sports club and benefit from these offers, visit our Sports clubs page and download and complete the Sports Club Registration form and return it to us.
Therapies and support available
The team bring together their sporting backgrounds and experience in:
Our team also offer:
- Bike fitting
- Running gait analysis
- Sports-specific treatment, rehab and exercise programmes
- Taping and strapping for protection, support and game play
Our Sports Injury and Performance therapists
Only qualified therapists with sporting experience make our team. You’re assured of the best treatment whether you’re an amateur or professional athlete.
How do you know that you need us?
You will want to consider our Sports Injury & Performance team’s help if you:
- Have injured yourself playing sport and want to recover quickly
- Want to recover quicker between intense training sessions
- Want to reduce the discomfort, muscle tension or soreness that you feel as a result of vigorous exercise
- Have persistent aches, pains or niggles that appear as a result of a change in the way you train or that appear over time
- Want to improve your performance in order to achieve your sporting goals or enjoy your sport more
How much does it cost?
Cost will depend on the type of therapy and for how long you would like to receive treatment. Bespoke performance programmes are priced according to their content. A therapy price list can be found here or contact us to discuss your performance programme needs.
Be free again to do what you love. Make the difference today. Call us on 01454 618 525.