What is a Privacy Notice?
Under data protection law you have specific rights. To communicate these rights to you in a clear and concise manner, we are providing you with this privacy notice.
This policy is updated from time to time. The latest version is published on this page.
Who We Are
Bradley Stoke Physio & Health, Bradley Stoke Leisure Centre, Bradley Stoke, Bristol. BS32 9BS.
Tel: 01454 618525. Email: email@example.com.
We collect and process data because we have a legal obligation to do so and if the data is relevant, adequate and limited to what is necessary. We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our clients and website visitors.
What Sort Of Personal Data Do We Collect
We record and use the following categories of personal data which may include:
- telephone numbers
- email addresses
This may be over the telephone, by email or in person. We store this in an electronic format with a third party (TM2 Blue Zinc).
At your first appointment
- We will record your past medical history, consent to examination and treatment, as well as recording details of your clinical examination and ongoing treatment records.
- We will also ask about your activities, your employment, as well as any medication you are currently taking.
These medical records we collect in a paper format and store in a lockable metal filing cabinet.
What We Do with It
We use this information:
- To provide a legal record of any treatment or advice we provide
- To facilitate your care and ensure continuity of care
- To contact you in regard to on-going treatment. This may include sending exercises via email or via a third party (PhysioTools)
- We would also like to send you information about our products and services by email via our newsletter (MailChimp). You may unsubscribe at any time. If you agree to being contacted in this way, please tick the box on the registration form
- With your permission we may pass information to other health professionals who are involved in your care e.g. your GP. This information may be given to you in the form of a letter. If this is the case, the letter and the protection of its contents become your responsibility.
- We may use your data for quality feedback purposes
- We may use your information for auditing
- We do not pass on your information for commercial purposes
Sharing Your Personal Data
Where third parties are used by us to store your personal data, we ensure they are compliant with the General Data Protection Regulation of May 25th 2018.
Retaining Your Personal Data
We retain your personal data indefinitely in case you return for a further episode of care. We have a legal obligation to hold your medical records for a period of 8 years, or, if under the age of 21, for a period until you reach the age of at least 25.
You are entitled to a copy of your records and to have any discrepancies rectified. Please contact us at the address above to do this.
Should your personal data that we control be lost, stolen or otherwise breached, where this constitutes a high risk to your rights and freedoms, we will contact you without delay. We will give you the contact details of the person who is dealing with the breach, explain to you the nature of the breach and the steps we are taking to deal with it.
Should You Wish to Complain
You can contact the ICO via their website: www.ico.org.uk should you wish to make a complaint about the way we are processing your personal data.
Automated Decision Making and Profiling
We use Google Analytics to give us feedback on our website.
We gather and use certain information about individuals in order to provide services and enable functions on this website. We also collect information to better understand how visitors use this website and to present timely, relevant information to them.
What data we gather
We may collect the following information:
- Name and job title
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Website usage date
- Other information relevant to patient enquiries
- Other information pertaining to special offers and surveys
How we use this data
Collecting this data helps us understand what you are looking for from Bradley Stoke Physio & Health, enabling us to deliver improved service and services.
Specifically, we may use data:
- For our own internal records
- To improve the service and services we provide
- To contact you in response to a specific enquiry
- To customise the website for you
- To send you promotional emails about services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you (we will always offer you a way of unsubcribing from this if you prefer)
- To send you promotional mailings or to call you about services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you
- To contact you via email, telephone or mail for market research reasons
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but usually you can alter the settings of your browser to prevent automatic acceptance if you prefer. Your web browser should provide this information and there are a number of sites that give guidance for various browsers, including www.aboutcookies.org.
We also use analytics to acts as an anonymous identifier when you visit the website and does not contain information from which you can personally be identified. We use this information for the purpose of creating anonymous usage and interest profiles for the purpose of improving and developing the website and the services that we offer.
When you fill in a form or provide your details on our website, you can be assured that we will never lease, distribute or sell your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or the law requires us to.
If you have agreed that we can use your information for marketing purposes, you can change your mind easily via one of these methods:
- Unsubscribe directly from our newsletter using the 'unsubscribe button'
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Write to us at Bradley Stoke Physio, Bradley Stoke Leisure Centre, Fiddlers Wood Road, Bradley Stoke, Bristol BS32 9BS
We will always hold your information securely.
To prevent unauthorised disclosure or access to your information we have implemented strong physical and electronic security safeguards.
We also follow stringent procedures to ensure we work with all personal data in line with the General Data Protection Regulation.
Links from our site
Our website may contain links to other websites.
Please note that we have no control over websites outside the www.bradleystokephysio.co.uk domain. If you provide information to a website to which we link we are not responsible for its protection and privacy.
Always be wary when submitting data to websites. Read the site's data protection and privacy policies fully.